Book talks for readers at Chisago Lakes Middle School.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Greatest Football Records by Terri Dougherty




November 4th, 2007 will be a day that I'll never forget. I'm not a "fair-weather" fan. I'm a diehard. I stay with my team through thick and thin, win or lose. Skoal Vikings!

On November 4th, 2007 my neighbor gave me a call. It was Sunday, 9:05am. He asked, "Would you like 2 Vikings tickets on the 50 yard line for today's game at 12:00 o'clock?" At that moment I wanted time to stand still. He was only going to give me about 10 seconds to decide before calling my other neighbor. I had a previous commitment that day, but I tried to put my brain in overdrive sorting through every conceivable possible way I could get out of it.

4...3...2....1...

Time was up. I had to decline and told my neighbor thanks for thinking of me.

And groan, that's not the sad part of story, it gets worst.

On November 4, 2007 one of the greatest moments in NFL history was witnessed in person by thousands filling the seats of the Metrodome.

"On November 4, 2007 Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson set a record that will be difficult to beat. In his first NFL season, Peterson set the single-game rushing record of 296 yards against the San Diego Chargers."

Thinking back about November 4, 2007 almost makes me want to cry.

To learn about more famous and not so famous football records, take a look at: The Greatest Football Records by Terri Dougherty

Other books in this series include books on basketball, baseball, and hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails