Book talks for readers at Chisago Lakes Middle School.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Upcoming Blog Posts and Summer Reading List

Please excuse me for not posting any booktalks lately. I've been reading some books that have been sitting on my book shelf at home for some time. I will be returning to middle school lit. in May. Until then, I will try to get out a summer reading list to recommend, both new and old books.

Also, the books that you see on the right side of my blog called "quick picks" will be replaced with some of my favorite books to recommend to middle school readers from this past school year.

I was happy to see some of my book talk recommendations were chosen as Newberry winners! Compared with recent years, I think the Newberry committee got back on the right track selecting books with creative merit, but also books that will attract a wider number of middle school readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails